Fitness: Gift of Fat loss, Exercise and Physical Activity
What is fitness?
Fitness means the ability of your heart and lungs to supply sufficient nutrients and oxygen to various body tissues like muscles, and other organs. A fit person’s body better adapts to various physical and mental stresses of modern industrialized urban world. Regular physical activity can deliver most health benefits including increased fitness.
What are the benefits of fitness?
The following are the benefits of fitness:
- Better ability to manage fatigue and tiredness.
- Higher capacity to do physical hard work (endurance); because a fit person is stronger or rather more energetic, lively and less lethargic than an unfit one.
- Better regulation and decreased fluctuations in blood sugar levels if you are suffering from diabetes.
- Lower blood pressure if you are suffering from hypertension.
- Enhanced utilization of stored body fat for energy needs.
- Lower levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides and higher levels of good cholesterol
- Lower risk of diseases and disorders like: heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, depression etc.
- Increased blood circulation clearance of toxins from the body.
- Better management of joint pain (arthritis).
- Improved digestion and better bowel movement.
- The fit person is mentally alert and has less mental stress.
- Heart, lungs and other vital organs of a fit person are stronger, more efficient, better conditioned and not easily prone to fatigue.