Weight Loss : How to burn fat and lose weight effectively and permanently
(Learn the most effective technique of weight loss and obesity control without losing muscle and health)
Fat loss is best achieved when the fat is burnt over a period of time and weight reduction is not acheived in a hurry. Many times we use the term “fat loss” instead of “weight loss”. The reason is obvious. Weight loss may imply muscle loss also, which is not desirable for maintaining proper health. Also muscles keep the metabolism elevated even during periods of rest by spending calories to maintain themselves. Exercise and physical activity combined with controlled diet are the best ways not only for weight-loss (read fat-loss) but also for getting numerous other health benefits including the following:
- Exercise helps lose fat effectively and permanently
- Exercise boosts metabolic rate
- Exercise brings out the feel good factor in you by causing the body secrete certain hormones like endorphin
- If you can do exercise for a period of 30 to 40 minutes continuously, your body will continue to burn calories for hours even after you have stopped exercise.
- Exercise boosts your immune response, meaning that you visit your doctor less frequently
- If you are a diabetic, (Visit this page: Diabetes) exercise not only brings your blood sugar under control, it improves the body’s insulin sensitivity requiring you to decrease the dose of medicines (You should consult your healthcare professional before reducing the dose).
- If you are suffering from secondary hypertension, (Visit this page: High blood pressure) exercise may bring it under control. (In the first place you should consult your healthcare professional before doing any exercise).
Ultimately the slow, sure and permanent weight loss is the winner
Your target should be to lose about 1.5 Kg or 3 lbs. per month.
The upper limit for healthy weight loss is 2 Kg or about 4 pounds per month. Your rate of weight loss should never exceed this limit. This will ensure the following:
- You will lose fat but not your health.
- It will be easy to implement
- The fat loss will be permanent.
- It will be cheap. (No expensive gym equipments, No expensive supplements)
- The fat loss will be sustainable and irreversible.
One pound of weight is equivalent to 3500 calories.
By making small modifications like reducing 200 to 300 calories a day from food and spending extra 200 to 300 calories per day by doing additional exercise, you can lose roughly 4 pounds or 2 Kg (of mostly fat) per month.
Click here to know Why Diets Don't Work?
Elements of a true fat loss program:
1. Diet for fat loss (The C.D.B.D.)
We call it the “Calorie Deficit Balanced Diet” or The C.D.B.D. Because it is very important for you to be healthy while losing fat, you should eat a healthy, nutritious and well balanced diet. To lose fat from your body, it is necessary to consume less calories per day while simultaneously retaining all essential nutrition in the diet. How is this achieved?
2. Follow the following important steps to do it:
- Avoid all fried, baked and high fat items like cakes, biscuits, ice creams. These food items are the number one culprits for fat accumulation
- Avoid consuming items having simple sugars like chocolate, candy or other sweet items. Ultimately these simple sugars get converted into body fat
- Avoid junk food. Although we are all busy people, we can’t ignore our health for saving time and eating things like pizzas and burgers. One burger gives you as many calories as a meal, but not as much nutrition and the feeling of satiety. As a result you end up eating more burgers or pizzas adding empty calories and increasing your body fat
- Eat 5 to 6 small nutritious meals instead of 2 to 3 large ones.
- Increase proportion of protein in diet but be careful to simultaneously decrease animal fat, trans-fat and total fat. This is best achieved by mixing soybean in food preparations.
- Include lots of both raw and boiled vegetables and some fruits in your diet.
- Drink lots of water. The body has to use energy (calories) to pass water out of body as urine.
Click the link below to read a comprehensive article on exercise program for you
Exercise and Physical Activity