Cardio Benefits: What Can Exercise do for You?
Weight loss for disease prevention is not the only benefit of aerobic exercise, There are may other equally important health benefits of cardio exercise that you cannot ignore:
- Boost resting metabolic rate
- Reduce the risk of the leading metabolic causes of death: Diabetes, Heart Disease, stroke, and cancer
- Control weight, thereby improving self-image, appearance and health
- Control the development of disease (or its prevention)
- Improve sleeping habits and sleeping patterns
- Increase physical and mental energy levels and alertness
- Enhance physical and mental strength
- Control depression and reduce stress
Prevent and Reduce Joint Problems:
- Exercise reduces your weight which in turn reduces wear and tear on joints
- Exercising helps prevention of osteoarthritis whereas inactivity may cause it or enhance it.
- Exercise keeps bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons and cartilage healthy and strong thereby protecting all joints
Halt Bone Loss in the elderly
- Exercise does not only reduce bone loss, but it actually promotes bone mass.
- Once bone mass increases, the chances of osteoporosis and subsequent fractures.
- Exercise puts more load on the lungs and the heart to supply more oxygen to the body.
- Lungs and heart become stronger by exercise. Their capacity enhances.
- Strong lungs automatically improve breathing
- This results in more efficient execution of daily activities and exercise
- You can breathe easier at rest and also when active